Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Morning Workout







I have decided that I need to start working out in the mornings. I know it would improve my overall health and help with many areas of my life. (Not to mention I always feel so guilty each month when my doctor asks me what I do for exercise, and each time my reply is the same. I give him an incredulous look and ask "Um, are you serious? Did you remember I have 3 young kids?- Isn't that enough? Each time he tells me I need to do something else to build up my stamina for labor.)

So Monday I got my workout clothes on and the girl got so excited and started jumping up and down and ran to get her "workout clothes". After she got on some cute little shorts she came down to exercise with me. Then the boy decided he wanted to exercise too.

If you've ever tried to work out with two preschoolers- it isn't so effective. They are all over the room, no matter how many times I told them to stay in one place. After they finally got sick of exercising then the smallish boy started crying and holding on to my legs wanting to be picked up and comforted. Still with all this, I feel like I still got a decent workout (I'm sore enough anyway).

On to today. The girl again wanted to workout with me. Okay fine. During my workout, the boy finally decided to take off his pull-up to get dressed and discovered that he had underwear on under his pull-up. YUCK. They were soaked all over, and he had pooped in them.

Leg-lifts, and one and two and....

Then the girl loudly shouts that her bum is itchy and she needs medicine. So I told her I would help her when I was done helping the boy. So I helped thy boy pry his underwear off and rinse them in the toilet and got him in the shower (while trying to run in place).

Then realized it was real quiet and the girl was nowhere in sight. Fearing lest she had tried to vaseline her own bum I ran up to see where she was.

Up the stairs and one and two and....

Alas she had not gotten into the vaseline, but the desitin ointment. Then back downstairs ( one and two and...) the smallish boy had overturned the handsoap on the floor.

You see, I don't work out for a reason!!!!! It shouldn't be this difficult! But the kids really do keep me on my toes. So I guess I'll just count that...



3 comments:

Tammy said...

Ahh...Kara you are so cute...reading that post made me feel like i was there! Love ya!

Kristin Sokol said...

Oh...you can't exercise when they are awake. Did no one ever tell you that?

You pretty much have to get up in the middle of the night to get a morning work out, bu tit is possible.

abo-bder said...


فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض