Sunday, October 05, 2008

Big GRoWWWWL

Maybe I just don't have what it takes. That's all I can say. I am soooooooooooooooooooooo sick of potty training. I have been doing it for the better part of a year. Sure there were a couple of months during the last few weeks of my pregnancy where I gave up on the boy, but then I started back up with the girl. She has been at it for over a month now and every once in a while she wants to go. Every once in a while she kicks and screams as I take her. Every once in a while I take her without incident, and every once in a while she has an accident. The man claims he forgets that we're potty training, so I am the only one that does it, and I don't want to any more. I have a super overwhelming desire to quit, but I don't know if I should. I'm already a month into it, would I be undoing it all? I just don't know how to deal with this potty training thing. Why can't it just be easy for me? I read about and hear about it being easy with so many. Why can't I be so lucky? Don't get me wrong, I consider myself very lucky to have such "spirited" children. It is just so much work and so taxing on me. That's okay. The smallish boy and I had a talk. It's all going to be much easier with him.

Let me know what you think, or if any of you are dying to potty train more children, because I can send them right over...

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I am so sorry for your struggles. Potty training was the worst for me as well. Ashley,Braden,Cody and Easton were all 3 1/2. Derek was the only one at 2. In fact Cody P.T only because Derek was. I was so tired of cleaning messes. I once had a doctor tell me that He understood my concerns but it would only be a huge problem if they were still in diapers when they started kindergarten.He then chuckled a little. He told me it was the one thing kids feel they have control over(which they do) and they want to decide when they give in. I don't know what to tell you rather than don't get to frustrated Kids want something to control. Just wish it wasn't this....
Hang in there sweetie, it will happen soon!

Melody said...

Send them to grandma........