Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Couch Makeover

I think that it's a good thing that people don't know what it's really like to be a parent BEFORE they have children. I don't know if anybody would do it then. Am I a totally bad mother for saying that? I would absolutely never give up my kids or anything, but you really just have no idea how hard it is until you have them.

I've been canning pears the last couple of days. I was in the kitchen today and I could see the boy- he was sitting on the couch quietly (first clue). He looked at me a little funny and quickly looked away (second and final clue) . I don't need to be told again, so I rush over to see what he was doing and found a good 1/3 of my red couch cover was covered in scribbled pen. The boy. I expect it from the girl, but not him. I was so frustrated. He's really been acting out the last few days. He just really hasn't been himself. I think he might need some more attention or something. I am just at a loss.

The girl has been having a few accidents a day, but I have been so good and have not put her back in diapers. I ROCK. I still think she will do fine if I just keep at it. It's just so time consuming. Story of my life...

So no pictures. Probably for the next year since I am far too busy with 3 kids. But I'll try to get one on here of the new couch decor.

6 comments:

Melody said...

You are the best mother. And kids will be kids. Enjoy them while they are little because the grow up so fast and move away to Pocatello and Vail. With that being said, when you wash the couch cover spray with hairspray first (the scribble) and it should come out. If it doesn't, sent the boy to me. I love you.

Jared and Amy said...

I totally agree, people try to tell you how hard kids are but you never really get it until you have one! That's why I think we are only having one...at least for now! :)

Tracey said...

Hang in there girl! I know that kids are crazy creatures. I too have some fun furniture in the home! But I can say they do grow very quickly.
Love your family, Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. yep, this is why I don't can anymore, don't make homemade bread, rolls, or anything that takes more than 30 minutes. I also don't sew or scrapbook anymore(my mom does it for me!) I was just thinking that the other day, "Why didn't I know that my kids would just ruin my couches, carpet, paint, table, etc. before I had kids, and I wouldn't have bothered buying anything worth anything until they were 6!" At least it was just a couch cover?

Kristin Sokol said...

I saw a news story today about a man (not yours) in nebraska who just dropped off all nine of his kids at a local hospital under the safe haven law. A lot of states have a law where you can drop off unwanted babies at a hospital or fire station, but in Nebraska you can do it until they are 18. He dropped off his 9 kids ranging from 17 to 1 month.

Anyway...I thought to my self. Yeah...I am surpised more people don't do that.

You are not a bad mom.

Chad said...

What a cute family! You still living up in Pocatello?