Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Artists, Swimmers, and Cleaners

Because these pics are so awesome I will caption each one!

 
                                                         
                                                         
This is a darling pic. my little artists drew of giraffes.  So cute.

 Smaller boy telling me (right after I gave him his goldfish "snack"), "They're whimming mommy.  Whimming- see?"
                          Here's a close-up of the fishies "whimming"



This is the cutest little cleaner that loudly proclaims to me one afternoon (whilst I am sitting on my toosh reading a book during "quiet-time"), "Mom, I love you so much I am going to clean the whole house for you today.

She proceeds to clean the front room. 
Table pushed up by couches----check. Things off floor----check. Front room cleaned-----check.

Smaller boy's bed made----check.

 Smaller boy's belongings off the floor (just gander at the dresser)-----check.  Smaller boy's room clean---check.



The girl's bed made------check.  Girl's belongings off the floor (look at the shelf)-----check.

Once again- girl's belongings off the floor-----check.



The boy's belongings all off the floor-----check. 
House cleaned--------check.
Cutest girl in the world------check.



I refinished this dresser a while ago for the boy.  It is obviously chalkboard paint.  I go into his room the other day and he has "labled" what goes in each drawer.  This is the cutest thing.  I'm pretty sure that top middle drawer is supposed to say "toys". 

I love the ages they are right now.  I am hating/loving that they are growing up too fast.  They are growing up too fast/not fast enough.  Does this make sense to anyone else out there?  I love the kids and how cute they are right now, but there are some pretty rough moments when they are all screaming all at the same time for something different from me . 
I am really just trying to sit back and cherish the little things though because, come on... look how cute they are!  Seriously.  I just love it. 
"We remember moments, not days"  I am just totally loving and living in the moments they create.   

8 comments:

Melonie Harris said...

How cue!! Love that she cleaned the house!! So nice! We all need that sometimes!! Maybe she will keep doing it when she gets older!

Heather Williams said...

I love that, "we remember moments, not days." I will have to remind myself that. Look at your cute kids and I just have to say I love what your darling little girl did! You know, she did a great job and for putting everything up high for you so you dont have to keep bending over...i love that! So helpful. THey are growing up and you are such a good momma!

Mills Family said...

Oh I think this is my favorite post of the year. I love it! I love every bit of it! haha, it made me laugh so much because I relate to it too!! my kids pick up their room in this same way (Yes even my 14 year old still cleans like this...ahhh!). And, I love how you put it "glad to have them growing up/ but not glad to have them growing up". I have felt this way since they were first born. Wanting them to grow up fast...hating that they are growing up so fast. I think that feeling is going to be there through whatever age they are. You are such a cute mom!! You have such a cute family!

Kristin Sokol said...

Your life so closely resembles mine except you have twice as many kids. I loved this post. I totally get what you mean when you say they are going up to fast and also not fast enough. I often think of how rock awesome my life will be when I can come and go as I please with out searching for shoes and blankies and fearing who needs to go to the bathroom before we go. I also fear the day when no one needs me for anything. What then.

Kristin Sokol said...

By the way your kids look just like you when you were little. I have such vivid memories of what you looked like as a child. Looking at your kids is like being in a time warp.

Jared and Amy said...

This is so cute! It makes me miss you more then I already do! ;)

Lance said...

Man I wish I had some Cute kids like yours. Oh wait their mine to.

Love the Post.

Melody said...

I think you just might be "getting it". Those moments are the memories you cherish the most. Enjoy them for those precious little ones grow up way too fast. But then I enjoy what my precious little ones have become.