Monday, September 01, 2008

A little update (and quote of the day)



So tonight the man was getting ready to take a shower, and the boy was going to shower with him. The boy got his cloths off and so did the man. The boy then shouted with excitement and exclaimed,
"Oh, Daddy! We match!"

The novelty of having a baby around the house has not yet worn off. I would have thought that the kids would have enough of him by now, but as it turns out: not so much. They are still wanting to hold him every chance they get. The boy more so than the girl.

I have now got the tired mom eyes. You know, the ones that are bloodshot and have the big bags under them? Yes this is the new look that I am sporting around. The man has been great to help with those middle of the night feedings. This is the great thing about not nursing. The man now has no excuse not to help out. He will usually get one feeding for me. Thank you the man! I think he is feeling the effects too. He has been working hard (as you can tell by the picture). Although think he was having more fun working this backhoe than he would be doing actual work. Boys will be boys!



I think that we will be able to sleep through the night sometime within this next decade. By that time, I know I will be saying to myself, "Self, where did the time go?" They just grow up so fast.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Love the pics...
What is my bro doing on a back hoe??

Enjoy the small ones at home time really does go to fast!!
Tracey

Melody said...

I like the easter basket content. I want a basket just like that for easter (the same content as the one in the pic. Love all the pics.
Mom

Jared and Amy said...

So cute!! You did a great job!

Talea Sedgwick said...

Cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! That's great the kids love him! I LOVE the benefits of bottle feeding more than the benefits of breast, but because I am a cheapo, I will probably do both again with my next baby. I am missing the baby stage.

Erika W said...

Love the quote! My little guy told me that his little sister will only have to wipe after she goes pee until she gets bigger and grows a pee pee like his! Kids are so funny! Thats good that they love the baby - I'm getting nervous. I'm thinking mine will love ours to death, literally. And yes, you will sleep again. It may not be for a few more years, but you will sleep again.

Sara Boulter said...

A: hilarious
B: he's so yummy
C: she kills me in that basket
D: I'm sorry you're so tired. You have a hundred kids! Sheesh!

Kristin Sokol said...

Four Months....the baby slept through the nite. Yes. It finally happened. Just remember the infant phase is fleeting. Here today gone in four months. Sleeping through the night is over rated(that was a lie, it's the best ever).

Hooray for not breast feeding. You can be in my club.

Dad said...

Hey, I like that backhoe too. When do I get my turn on it? I would settle however, to just hold your kids a little while.
Dad, the big one