Monday, February 25, 2008

Louder is better


I tend to try and be as honest with my children as possible. In every way. So the boy started asking me questions during meal or snack time like

"What's in this, mommy?"

If it was a piece of bread I would tell him,

"Well it has flour, sugar, butter, milk..." etc...

So the other day the boy asks me,

"Mom, what's in the house?"

I said there were bedrooms, couches, toys and he said

"No mom, what's in it, you know like flour, sugar, milk..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boy refused to share something with the girl today so I took the something away. I went into another room. Obviously he was still upset because I heard a soft THUD against a wall. Like something soft had been thrown against it. I made no response, and shortly thereafter heard a whispered three-year-old voice say,

"I need something louder..."

I had to stifle my laughter after I heard a video tape smash against the wall. It was hilarious!
(not the video tape being thrown mind you!)

2 comments:

Sara Boulter said...

HAHAH! This is hilarious! Seriously..."i need someting louder." That kills me, seriously. HA!

Melody said...

I can't believe that I did not make the first comment. Oh well, I guess I can be second just this once. Once again the cutest kids show up in this blog. What a proud grandma I am. Do these cute children take after their mongee a little.......maybe a smidge?