Wednesday, March 05, 2008

AAaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggG!

I am tending to think that violently ripping my hair out by the roots in small handfuls is more fun than potty training. We were just running course through our third or fourth serious attempt, but it was soon curtailed as toddler poop became icing on almost everything in our bathroom. How is this feat ever mastered? How come there are so many of us potty trained? I guess it's proof that not all moms are like me and don't just give up. The boy is still showing no interest in using the potty. I want him potty trained sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly! I feel like he is old enough. Veteran mothers, I need some help on this one. Any special tricks?



Meanwhile the girl is showing plenty of signs and really enjoys using the potty. Sounds like a no-brainer, right? (Just potty train the girl)
Well I hesitate because I do believe I started my first attempt with the boy way too early. So I thought I would just really let her interest grow and she'll be really ready by the time I try a serious run with her.

Please keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Melody said...

Being a veteran mom I would like to share with you some suggestions. Let the boy run around without a diaper for a few hours a day. (no pants on) If that doesn't work, bribery or scare tactics would be in order. If all this fails, they do make corks in different sizes. Love the pictures.
Mongee

Sara Boulter said...

Try this:

http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

my friend swears by this crap...the 3 kids later swears by it kinda crap. Give it a go.
I haven't even thought about pt'ing Oliver...I keep forgetting I'm supposed to teach him stuff. Oops. I'll get right on it.

Sara Boulter said...

Where are you? More posts please. :)
Also, how's the pee pee going?

Sara Boulter said...

Did you have a happy birthday? Where are you!!??? More of you please.