Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tooth Fairy Magic




So the boy is really not that great at keeping secrets.  So it is no surprise that when he asked me if I was the tooth fairy, and I told him the truth, that is exactly what he told the girl.  He did not tell her specifically that there WAS NOT a tooth fairy, he simply told her I was it.  I wasn't thinking much about it, but she recently lost a tooth (her 3rd) and she asked me (out of the blue),  "So, mom, do you like to go outside every night?" and I (having no idea what she was talking about), replied, "I go out sometimes, but not all the time. Why?"  Then she said, "oh, I was just wondering when you go to all the other kids houses.  You know, to get their teeth.  And where do you put them all?"  It took a few minutes, and then it dawned on me what was going on here.  Not wanting to dash the poor girls dreams, I just nodded and smiled like I had something to hide.   I later heard her talking to the smaller boy about how lucky they were because their very own mom is the tooth fairy.  Oops.

So Tooth Fairy here, signing off.
Peace Out

8 comments:

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

That's the cutest thing ever. The girl sure is awesome. Being the tooth fairy or not they are seriously lucky to have you as a mom.

Jared and Amy said...

Oh my gosh!! That totally just made my day!! She is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

THAT is hysterical!!

Amber said...

that is awesome. I would feel cool too if my mom was the tooth fairy

Kjersty said...

I bet you'll have some follow-up questions in the future... That is awesome though. I'd like the tooth fairy to be my mom too. I'd brag about it to everyone... which brings up another point... Is she telling her friends at school about you being the tooth fairy?

Tammy said...

I love it! How darling are those kids?
love ya,
Aunt Tammy

Emily said...

That is so sweet and hilarious. At least the fantasy is still alive! I wonder who they think Santa is.

treehugger said...

Kjersty, in answer to your question- I just found out today- that yes, she is telling everyone in her class. Pretty soon I will have all the neighborhood kids bringing me their teeth, asking for money. I'm gonna go broke. I don't think I thought this one out very well...