Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Weekend Away

Our little family went camping this weekend. Nothing too dramatic or fancy (hello- I'm 8 mo. pregnant). Just a little over-nighter. The kids LOVED it. The boy just didn't want to come home. He was so disappointed that we weren't sleeping in the tent for a few more nights.

There was still quite a bit of snow up in Logan Canyon. This made the boy ecstatic. I couldn't keep him away. And as you know, whatever the boy does, the girl does too. The snow was crusty and dirty (I assume it was just the way a boy likes it).


As soon as the girl saw the snow, she loudly and excitedly proclaimed, "SNOWMAN!!" Every snow pile was a snowman to her. She was also very fond of all the pretty rocks. Thousands of them on the road, and she wanted to bend over to pick up every one.


We had a campfire and roasted marshmallow's and hot dogs. The boy kept saying how he loves to roast. He wanted to roast everything in sight, but he made it very clear he did not want to roast his feet. Here are a few photos.

6 comments:

Jared and Amy said...

cute pictures!! I know I tell you this everytime, but I love the baby's sunglasses :)

Melody said...

The journey should have continued to Mongee O's house but it didn't quite go as planned. I was waiting for the cutest cheeks to kiss and I suppose I will keep waiting. Yes--I do have the cutest grandkids.

Margie said...

Can I just tell you that I just went through and read pretty much your entire blog! You are really so funny! I found myself laughing out loud. Pretty sure that we are cousins and I really don't even know you at all! You're kids are darling, and I don't even know there names! I'm pretty sure this is my fault because for a fairly decent portion of my life I was pretty much afraid to talk to anyone who wasn't in my immediate family and a few close friends. So I am sorry that I never really got to know you because I think you are absolutely darling and have a beautiful family. I hope to be able to keep in touch better now, and I definitely appreciate what you have to say!

Talea Sedgwick said...

So much fun!

Anonymous said...

Cute family! I didn't even know your were expecting again! I'll tell you what worked to keep Taylor in his bed at night. Time out. Our case worker at early intervention taught us to put him in time out in the kitchen on the floor in a corner and set the timer for one min. You and Lance go in the other room. It was hard for like 3 days, (he was in time out like every 5 min the first night for like an hour or two) and then I only had to do it maybe once a week after that and now he never gets out.

Melody said...

That babystrology thing is so cool. This is the first time I noticed it. I'm so excited for the new arrival. I'm waiting very patiently.