Monday, October 09, 2006

Articles

HELLO???
I don't know how many articles I read that have the same idea. Mom's need to take care of themselves first.
"You really are a better mother when your needs are met," they promise.
"You can't take care of your children unless you are taken care of,". Isn't this just a load of crap? I can totally understand the whole concept, but does any mother out there really get a chance to actually take care of themselves? I mean honestly, when was the last time you said to your screaming 3 month old, "It will be just a few minutes before I can feed you baby, I have to take a few minutes in the bathroom?" It just isn't realistic. It's more like this: Baby cries, mommy comes to the rescue, and the bathroom urge goes away for now. (where does it go?-- needless to say it will only come back as soon as both children are starving or their diapers are poopy). I wish I had what it takes to take a few minutes for myself now during the day, but I just keep telling myself, that is what the empty-nesting years are for, right?

No comments: