Monday, May 05, 2008

Quote of the week

The boy: "Mommy, once, when I was a teeny little baby, like this," he says, putting his pointer-finger and thumb really close together,

"I got SQUISHED!" he says this so matter-of-factly that I really struggled to keep a straight face on this one.


The man had a mountain biking accident and is slightly out of commission to help with any sort of manual labor around the house. He cannot pick up the children; cannot help with baths; cannot do the dishes or even get dressed by himself. Among the other aches and bruises, he broke his collar-bone.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babe, I wish you the speediest recovery, for your sake as well as mine.

Well, the girl has learned to climb out of the crib now. I have been dreading this day. Of coarse it has to happen when the man can do nothing. She is finally asleep in the big girl bed, and it is now 10:30 pm. We started bedtime a little before 8. Hopefully it gets better and better. Any suggestions on keeping the little ones in bed. This may make me sound totally wacky, but I kind of liked the "cage" phase. But it's over now.

I'm thinking I might brake my collar bone next week. Maybe I should wait until the man's has healed. How long does that take?....

5 comments:

Talea Sedgwick said...

Maybe you better wait until after you have the baby to break your collar bone!

treehugger said...

oh yeah. Bright idea!

Melody said...

Once again the cutest pictures every. I really like the shy look of the girl with the ears. She looks just like her ongee. Love ya all

Melody said...

Once again the cutest pictures every. I really like the shy look of the girl with the ears. She looks just like her ongee. Love ya all

Lance said...

Man here, my plan is finally in play, with me out of commission for a few weeks, it will be a hard habit to break once I am better. Finally no more diaper changes for me.