Friday, April 19, 2013

Infused Water

So last week for my something new challenge, I tried infused water. Here is a link that I have pinned.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/quick-easy-flavoured-water
I have also recently seen one on facebook that I didn't pin.  I made 2 batches.  One with apple slices and some mint sprigs from my garden, and one with cucumber and mint.  They were good, and I was/am trying to get into the habit of drinking lots of water.  The problem with making 2 batches, is that this kind of water will go bad.  I didn't drink it fast enough.  Oh well, good to know for next time.  Maybe just throw in a sprig or two in a tall glass of ice water rather than trying to make a couple gallons to keep in the fridge.
It didn't magically make me drink any more water though.  This week I tried quite a few new exercises.  I'm trying to tone my muscles because the man and I just decided that we are going backpacking.  So we need those muscles to carry some heavy packs.  Here are a few of the different moves I tried,
http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=the_lose_your_love_handles_workout

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/lose-pooch-best-exercises-lower-abs?page=7

and let me tell you- boy am I SORE!  It's a good kind of sore.  A sore that you know that things are gonna happen! Watch out.  I have a bunch more pinned that I want to try so I'll be using those soon.

Okay I can't post without saying what cute and fun things my kids say.  After I gave some instruction, the smaller boy was trying to be silly and straightened his back and gave me a big salute and said, "Aye aye sir......I mean uh woman!"  Ha ha.  It was pretty funny.
Also I was changing the smallest boys diaper and had to pull his legs to get him a little closer.  He smiled and said so sweet, "It's okay mommy, you can pull my legs, but don't pull my....(big pause here as I can see the gears a-turnin') oh wait- I don't have a tail!"
It really makes you wonder what is going through their little minds.
He also told the man recently that he can't pull him yet because he is not a bunny.  Whaaa?

Yep this is what we get around here.  A bunch of craziness and sweet little remarks from our 4 angels (read hellions).  It's a crazy, busy life- but it works for me. (Most of the time)

Here are some pics to enjoy.
Peace out.




No comments: