Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Man I Married...

I know that this month is not our anniversary.

It is not my man's birthday.

It is not particularly special to either or both of us in anyway.

I have just been thinking about this man I married a lot lately.  Even when he is not around ;)

Let me just enlighten you on some of the reasons I am still so madly in love with him.

He likes to listen to me.  When I think that I am talking too much, he always shushes me and tells me he loves to listen to me.

He is impossible to argue with.  He never argues back just gets real quiet and makes you reflect on all the stupid/bad/mean things you said...(or left unsaid).  This leaves plenty of time for feeling bad that you said them (or didn't say them- but thought them).

I don't think a day has gone by that he hasn't in some way told me how beautiful I am.

He is so smart.  Before I do or make any important decisions, I love to get his take on things.  Most of the time he has pretty sound advice and can point out things that I didn't think of originally.  

He is just so dang HANDSOME!

He gets me a certificate for some sort of spa treatment every year (at least). How sweet!

He loves to be touching me.  Whenever we sit close enough he has his hand on my leg, shoulder or arm.  I just love it.

Anytime that I think he is worried about using my smelly lotions, he says it's okay because I am just "marking my territory."

He never complains when he gets home from work and there is no dinner and/or the house is a disaster.  He just pushes up his sleeves and asks where he can start.

He loves our kids.  He talks about them, and tells me about things that they have done that he finds cute/endearing.  I love this!

Our kids believe that he is the strongest man alive.  They think that he can pick up a monster truck or even a building.  They believe that he only doesn't show his strength in public because it is a secret because he doesn't want to make all the other daddies jealous.  No joke they actually believe this.  Even the boy.  He is almost 8.  They believe it to their core. I never have and never will tell them otherwise.  I think I believe it too.



I love you the man!!!  

2 comments:

Lance said...

Well it is true, if you count a Hot Wheel, shh, don't tell my guy friends, I think they believe it too.

Melody said...

I love the man too because he is so good to my daughter and my grandkids. He deserves a metal.