Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sensitivity

So yesterday I was having a pretty crappy day.  For many reasons I will not mention here, because I will be doing another post shortly about that.  My self-confidence had really been shot.  I was so tired from extreme lack of sleep lately.  I was just feeling terrible.  I texted the man at work and told him that I needed his undivided attention when he got home. 

The poor man.  He can never figure out the complexities of the opposite sex.  At any rate, he was fine, but very quiet as I told him about my day/problems.  He remained quiet because the poor bloke didn't know what to say.  Well to remain quiet with me doesn't work out very well.  I had to go run some errands, but before I left, I told the man, "I would have liked you to be a little more sensitive.  Or just sensitive at all would be nice. And I hate asking for that."  He was quiet, but just nodded his head. 

When I got home, I elaborated to him about my day, and even drew him a diagram of my brain and how there are so many things that I have to focus on and think about that I don't feel like I can't concentrate on any one thing.  I am frustrated and can't think straight or concentrate on anything.  I am short-tempered and forgetfull. 

Then this sweet man that I have been married to for more than ten years tried his hand at sensitivity in the only way he knows how: he took the page away from me and drew a pistol, a bazooka, and a tommy-gun "shooting" all my problems/worries away. 

It was not the arm around my shoulder, or the quiet uh-huh-ing, or the big bear-hug that I was looking for, but it was something.  Thank you the man for being everything to me.  I love you and your guns!!!!!

1 comment:

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

Ok now i seriously feel aweful for missing your texts/call yeasterday! I need to be there for you way more than that! Ah man! can life just sorta slow down a little?? PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you! That s cute how lance ended up taking care of your problems....good old Lance:)