Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Random Cuteness

So the girl is really started to like writing letters.  But she doesn't know all of them that well yet.  So the man and I help her to spell things.  Sometimes we have to write the letter on a separate piece of paper so that she can see what it looks like.  The man had to do this with the letter "d".  As you can imagine, his handwriting is a little different from mine.  So he writes a "d" so she can see what it looks like, and she starts crying and says, "Dad, you wrote that in Spanish.  I am writing in English!"

The boy is really into this cartoon of a superdog (much the same idea as superman just as a dog).  The dog's name is Krypto.  So the boy wakes up one morning and the first question he asks me is this, "Mom, do 4-leaf clovers work if you make them?"
Me- "Uh- what do you mean"
Him- "Like if you make a 4-leaf clover will it still grant you your wish?"
Me- "oh- I don't know, maybe."
Him- "Mom, will you make me a 4-leaf clover?"

So I grabbed a magazine and shuffled through it till I found a page that was green and cut a 4-leaf clover from it, and gave it to him.  He rubbed it with his thumbs with his eyes closed.  When he opened them, he said dejectedly, "Oh, I guess home-made ones don't work."
"How do you know," I said.  "What did you wish for?"
"Not telling"
Me- "Well how do you know the thing you wished for is not in your room,"
His eyes lit up and he ran downstairs to check.  Then he came back up, disappointed again.  I wished for a super-dog like Krypto and I didn't get one.  I told the boy that he needed to talk to his dad to convince him to let us get another dog.  He said, "well it needs to be SUPER- you know like able to fly and stuff"
I think this is one thing I just won't be able to get him. 

Sure love them though.

Stay tuned for the summer plan I have cooked up for the kids...

2 comments:

Melonie Harris said...

Very Cute!! Miss you guys!!

Tracey said...

So fun to read... I know a place where you can get a very cute puppy for free! We can bring it out to you the first of August when we come out there! I will just tell the cute boy he has super powers.. :o)