Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Girl Names

So I am officially frieking out. I haven't been able to come up with a girl name in the past 8 months, I don't know how I am going to come up with one in the last 8 weeks. All your suggestions were very good by the way but for some reason or another we can't use them.

One of my best friends name is Talea (ta-LEE-uh).
Kelli, nice try but that is too close to the girl's name.
I loved the name Cambria but shortened it to Kambree, but the man didn't like it as much. Jacee is cute and it has been on our list of names we like.
The man's great grandmother's name was in the running for our first girl, but since then, too common. There are 3 Addies in our ward and I know quite a few others.
Jaybird... those names are uhmm... interesting, but I think we were headed in another direction.

So thank you for all the help. We have a few girl names pick out that we both like, but I am finding that I don't really just LOVE any one of them. I don't want to settle on a name. Oh well. I don't normally like to share the REAL names we are thinking of, but why don't we put it to a good ol-fashioned vote. Here are the candidates:

Danni Marie (Marie is for my grandmother)
Marie Quinn (We would just call her Quinn)
Kacey Jean (Jean is for my other grandmother)
Jett _____
Harley Jean
Jane _____
Luci Mae (Mae is for a grandmother as well)

I know the last two aren't super unique, but they are classics.

Okay Well I will have the man (who happens to be the king of brackets) make a bracket voting plan and I will post it on the side when he does. If you all hear of any other names, let me know.

10 comments:

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara Boulter said...

Picking a name is tricky!

Our names for a girl (steal them if you want, though I don't know if our tastes are similar)

Ruby
Lucy
Hazel
Stella

So out of the ones you listed, I like Luci and Jane best.


It's funny, cause we will all vote, but ultimately you will look at her little sweet face and know what her name is. Awww, I want one. Sorta.

It was so good talking to you. Lets do that again okay? When you come to Utah, please call me!

Ben and Kelli said...

Dani Marie, Marie Quinn or Luci Mae. LOVE them. Seriously, if you don't use them I might.But don't freak out because A: it could be a boy, and you make darn cute boys too so that would be alright and you wouldn't want to name him Luci. And B: You have some darling options and if it is a girl when you see her perfect little face you'll probably just know. So don't stress out, the names are beautiful, just keep them all in the running and in less than two months you'll know! Good luck though!

Kristin Sokol said...

Felice (happy in Italian)
Claire
Clara
Kimbria

Just throwing those out there.

Lance said...

Hummmm

Anonymous said...

How about the name Brielle for a little girl?
Aunt Teresa

Erika W said...

Kristin and I have this cute little hairdresser named Carlyn (or Carlin). I thought that was pretty different and original.

Anonymous said...

The purpose is to draw out misconceptions, as well as lead into the lesson itself.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]mulberry outlet[/url I want to send my kids to Sunday school because I don't want them to be as lost as I am. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose outlet[/url] Jcygthfzh
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora outlet[/url] Nwvtjwzdw [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose online[/url] wuryevnwv

Anonymous said...

(We, being Isaac and I.). ghd straightener Learning how to sew is easy, but learning how to sew well takes lots of practice. north face jackets The Shoop has the most different colors to decide on from, with some really striking tops in purples, yellows, and pinks whilst the Skii is the classy option to the standard sweatshirt. ugg boots Tomorrow I be filling Mason jars with green sand and votive candles and tying ribbons on tiny bells and the like, so knitting time will probably be scarce for the next few days. ugg canada Scarves are the best fashion trend that people are following today, be it for men or women.

Anonymous said...

Energoprojekt-Hidroinžnjering, u saradnji sa Institutom za vodoprivredu „Jaroslav Černi" izradio je pre 20 godina „Katastar malih HE na teritoriji Srbije van SAP". north face uk This is because we are constantly being bombarded by advertisements and other marketing strategies every which way we turn. north face jackets Remember bright colors are going to make you pop, and there is no problem looking dazzling this spring.. http://www.softuggboots.com The company al offers the opportunity for individuals to run home business a Premier Designs Jeweler. http://www.verynorthface.com The membership is completely FREE and most of our members are girls between the ages of 7 and 17.